This certificate will provide content knowledge in the field of Business Analytics. This is a new discipline in business which encourages organizations to examine their existing stores of data to discern possible trends or patterns which have been hidden heretofore. Moreover, today’s business analytics extends the work historically relegated to the area of data warehousing and data mining by including current–even up to the moment–data in the analysis.
The Business Analytics certificate will be offered on a non-degree basis for interested participants who have completed an undergraduate degree in Business Administration (or equivalent) from an AACSB-accredited College of Business or those currently in such a program and have recieved their degree by the time that the certificate is issued.
The certificate will provide students with the skills necessary to:
* Identify data sources and types of data necessary for the business problem or opportunity,
* Gather data from different sources using manual, scripted, or crawler methods; match and synthesize data; and develop data models,
* Manage (i.e., create, load, and query) databases and data warehouses,
* Prepare data for visualization
* Visualize data to identify patterns and trends
* Justify why visualization is an important part of data analysis
* Discuss the type of data impacts the type of visualization
* Analyze data to enable insights for business decision-making, and
* Effectively communicate the and tell the outcome and stories in the data
For more information visit: