Feb 25, 2024
Physical Education with Sport Management Concentration
This program provides professional preparation for management and leadership positions with professional sports teams, intercollegiate programs at colleges and universities, interscholastic athletics, and amateur athletic organizations. Although we have a program of study for our students, we remain flexible so that students can receive the education that is best suited for their future careers.
Sport management is a growing and exciting field dealing with the business aspects of sports and recreation. Professionals in the sport management field range from public relations specialists to business, and from facilities managers to compliance managers. However, just as with sports itself, competition is stiff for the best sport management positions, and demand is highest for well-trained professionals. Wright State University’s Sport Management Program offers a solid educational base in the fundamentals of sport management for students interested in any one of a variety of sports-related careers.
- 2.7 Cumulative minimum GPA and GRE score or MAT score in the 50th percentile or better
- 3.0 Cumulative minimum GPA
Waiver of GRE/MAT
Degree seeking candidates to Physical Education with Sports Management Concentration program, may not be required to submit passing GRE or MAT scores if their cumulative undergraduate GPA is a 3.0 or higher.
Candidates must meet the requirements for admission established by the Graduate School. If testing is required, candidates must score in the 50th percentile or better on the Miller Analogy Test (MAT) or the Graduate Records Exam (GRE).
For additional information:
The Sport Management Program (SMP)offers three academic options:
- For students in the Student Affairs in Higher Education Master’s Program, the SMP is available as a 22-hour certificate. Standards for admission to the Student Affairs in Higher Education graduate program apply.
- The SMP is also available as a 26-hour certificate for those enrolled in graduate programs other than Student Affairs in Higher Education. Standards for admissions to the respective graduate programs apply.
- The SMP is also available to those who choose to pursue a certificate in sport management without enrolling in a degree graduate program. This is a 26-hour certificate program, and admissions standards include a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
Physical Education: Sport Management Certification (MA)