Feb 28, 2024
For many business disciplines and engineering disciplines, analytics applications provide the next level of performance expected by companies to enable better decision making by employees. This program will serve individuals working in roles that demand more knowledge of analytics as part of their professional disciplines. Students will receive hands-on experience in analyzing and interpreting data from enterprise applications (e.g., ERP or CRM systems) and social media sources.
To be admitted in the certificate program, students need to meet the following qualifications:
- BS or BA degree
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.7/4.0 or a graduate GPA of 3.0/4.0
- If the applicant’s native language is not English, a minimum score of 79/120 (IBT) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required or a band 6 through the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Program Learning Outcomes
- Ability to analyze marketing and relevant non-marketing data, formulate strategies and implement decisions;
- Awareness of online marketing methods and how to use hands-on tools to increase meaningful web traffic;
- Hands-on, computer-based experience with marketing analytical tools to generate insights and marketing decisions that create value and build competitive advantage
- Students are expected to develop knowledge about the role of data from computing systems to generate managerial and operational insights that supports business operations.
- Students are expected to develop knowledge about decision support system architectures, development methodologies and analytics technologies that support business operations.
- Hands-on experience with multiple analytics tools and systems for generating business insights.
- Students are expected to develop knowledge about the use of data warehouse and OLAP to generate key performance measures.
- Students are expected to develop the ability to create a story with data visualization
RSCoB Degrees and Programs link
Choose 3 courses from the following list: