Computer Science and Computer Engineering majors may complete this program by selecting the Cyber Security courses as technical electives. Upon completion, students will have a detailed understanding of security vulnerabilities, threats, attacks, and mitigation solutions in the context of modern cyber networks to enhance their employability.
(CS or CEG full major) or (3.0 GPA and sophomore status). Information Technology and Cybersecurity (BSITC) majors are excluded.
Program Learning Outcomes:
1. To provide students with the technical foundation needed to understand the cyberspace risk profile.
2. Students will demonstrate an understanding of modern cyber space that features a collection of heterogeneous, interactive components.
3. Students will demonstrate an understanding of the tools used by cyber attackers, challenges in risk management, challenges and solutions in return-on-investment assessment, and cyber laws.
4. Students will recognize the basic concepts of cyber security defense and be able to use software tools for malware identification and elimination, data encryption and transmission, and key-based authentication.
5. Students will acquire an in-depth knowledge of network-traffic analysis to identify vulnerabilities to protect the network infrastructure from cyber attacks.
6. Students will learn the basic design of cryptograph algorithms and protocols.
For more information visit: