The Public Health Leadership (PHL) Certificate Program provides graduate students skills and a working knowledge of administrative principles necessary in applied public health and related professional settings. Those who complete the prescribed coursework in this certificate program will have achieved advanced competencies in strategy, leadership, and organizational effectiveness. In addition, certificate students will have the flexibility to focus their study in budgeting, ethics, communications, grant writing or management.
To be admitted to the program, students must first be accepted into the WSU Graduate School. At a minimum, applicants must have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
If you are not currently enrolled at WSU, you can apply as a non-degree student online through the WSU Graduate School. During the online application process, you will have an opportunity to select the certificate program and to submit required documents.
Wright State University graduate degree-seeking students are also eligible for the certificate provided they apply before satisfying more than half of the certificate program's required credit hours. “Students in this status must have a 3.0 cumulative graduate grade point average the semester in which they complete nine semester hours of graduate credit.” (Policy 5010
*Apply online to the Public Health Leadership Certificate Program
All applicants should submit the online certificate program application* along with a one- to two-page personal statement describing your professional background and interest in the program.
For More Information
Public Health Leadership Certificate Program
Certificate Program Cost
The cost of the PHL Certificate program will be graduate tuition.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to apply leadership strategies and management principles to public health and health care settings.
- Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge and skills of leadership principles.
- Students will be able to understand the concepts of organizational design, behavior, and culture.
- Students will be able to apply strategic analysis and thinking to decisions made in health care organizations.
- Students will be able to describe and use behavioral strategies to improve leadership, interpersonal, and general management skills.