Co-sponsored by WSU's Raj Soin College of Business and the Boonshoft School of Medicine, the HCM Certificate Program is designed for physicians, managers, nurses, pharmacists, and other health care providers and administrators who are employed full time and can benefit from master's-level business courses.
To be admitted to the program, students must first be accepted into the WSU Graduate School. At a minimum, applicants must have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
If you are not currently enrolled at WSU, you can apply as a non-degree student online through the WSU Graduate School. During the online application process, you will have an opportunity to select the certificate program and to submit required documents.
Wright State University graduate degree-seeking students are also eligible for the certificate provided they apply before satisfying more than half of the certificate program's required credit hours. “Students in this status must have a 3.0 cumulative graduate grade point average the semester in which they complete nine semester hours of graduate credit.” (Policy 5010)
*Apply online to the Health Care Management Certificate Program
All applicants should submit the online certificate program application* along with a one- to two-page personal statement describing your professional background and interest in the program.
- Students will be able to identify characteristics of health-related markets and the reasons why health economics is an important subfield of economics.
- Students will be able to deconstruct different economic evaluation methods used in health care.
- Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of strategic management and planning as they relate to health care.
- Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the concepts of organizational design, behavior, and culture.
- Students will be able to apply strategic analysis and thinking to decisions made in health care organizations.
- Students will be able to interpret the accounting and financial statements of health care organizations.
- Students will be able to assess the impact of capital decisions on cost of capital for healthcare organizations.
- Students will be able to use operational and capital budgeting as means of risk analysis, tactical alternative analysis, and forecasting.
For More Information
Health Care Management Certificate Program
Certificate Program Cost
The cost of the HCM Certificate program will be graduate tuition.