The marketing program gives students a thorough grounding in the concepts and techniques needed to make marketing decisions in any organization. In addition to a survey course in principles of marketing, marketing majors study consumer behavior, international marketing, marketing analysis, and marketing strategy. They must also participate in major marketing projects at the senior level.
Marketing careers are far-reaching, touching on all components of the marketing mix-product, promotion, pricing, and channels of distribution. In turn, each of these areas offers dozens of specific job opportunities. For example, the promotional area includes careers in advertising, public relations, personal selling, and merchandising. Moreover, a single area, such as advertising, can offer more than two dozen special career orientations. There are rewarding career opportunities in virtually all fields of endeavor. Other major employment tracks include retailing, marketing research, product management, personal selling, and strategic planning.
The Raj Soin College of Business offers direct admission to their major programs to first year students who meet the following criteria:
3.25 high school grade point average
22 ACT score or 130 SAT score.
Current Wright State students indtending to major in business will be admitted if they meet the following criteria:
2.5 minimum cumulative grade point average
3 semester credit hours earned
Graduates will be able to:
1. suggest appropriate marketing research for marketing problems ad interpret marketting research results
2. describe the internal and external influences on marketing
3. provide examples of consumer beavior and explain how consumer behavipr affects marketing decipms
4. suggest appropriate marketing strategies and tactics for business situations
5. explain strategic planning and develop a marketing plan for an organization.
For additional information: